Saturday 4 September 2010

Rodrigo y Gabriela


I caught a glimpse of Rodrigo y Gabriela on one of the BBC's Glastonbury highlights programmes whilst sitting at home and sulking about turning down a last minute working ticket, on a year with the most idyllic weather, and yet again not making it to the festival...even my dad was there as usual. The infectious sound and mesmerising fast-fingered talent of just two Mexican guitarists intrigued me so much I had to go and download a few of their albums the next day.

Rodrigo Sanchez and Gabriela Quintero, originally from Mexico City, are now based in Dublin after merging as a due from the age of sixteen when they met through a common interest for 'metal' (as in the music not the material!).

Yet another perfect hangover cure tried and tested, I can imagine I'm in an Ibizan villa if I close my eyes and just listen to the enchanting guitars.
Check out tracks 'Ixtapa', 'Orion' and 'Tamacun' for a couple of their most popular tracks.

Find out more about Rodrigo y Gabriela at http://www.rodgab.com/home.html


1 comment: